ISO 9001 Quality Management
ISO Certification provides proof from a third party that an organisation complies with one of the internationally recognised ISO Standards. Each standard focuses on a specific area of business performance. Such as improving customer service, reducing environmental impact, or improving data security.
Each standard is developed and published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). This is a non-governmental organisation made up of national standards bodies. Through its members, ISO brings together experts to share knowledge and develop ISO Standards that support innovation and provide solutions to global challenges.
In short, think of ISO standards as a formula that describes the best way of doing something.
What is ISO 9001 Quality Management?
ISO 9001 Quality Management is the worlds most recognised standard. It ensures organisations meet customer needs and expectations, whilst delivering a consistent level of quality and satisfaction. It’s built on seven quality management principles:
What does being a certified product design consultancy mean for you?
You can be safe in the knowledge that we put our customers at the heart of what we do. Achieving this standard adds value to our creative process so that we’ll deliver consistently high quality projects. Here’s some examples of how we do this:
- Our onboarding process captures customer requirements that is cascaded to the right people. Scope changes follow a process to avoid misunderstandings and ensures no adverse time or effort is wasted.
- We define process stages that are customised for your project.
- We have processes, templates and document version control in place to speed up the operational process.
- We have tools and analytical reports to monitor and highlight when things go great…and not so great. Improvements are cascaded, reviewed and implemented back into the whole team so we continually improve our efficiency and effectiveness.
- We focus on communication for complete transparency and so that our team knows what is expected of them.
- We outline our capabilities and match them with functional responsibilities. This is so that the right people are in the right job.
We sculpt our ISO 9001 system so it fits precisely to our aspirations, operations, culture and customer base. However it’s really easy to adapt when things inevitably change. Our ISO 9001 certification is proof that we provide a consistent and reliable product design and development service. And that we continually strive to improve our service by proactively seeking stakeholder feedback, and identify and respond to issues promptly.
We audit our processes internally as well as externally by ISO consultants, ISO Quality Services Limited, who visit us twice a year. As part of the certification process, we have an annual re-certification audit to ensure we’re compliant.